Summer Morning Skincare Routine | I'm Back



You may have noticed I have taken an almost two months break from posting on here. Life was getting a bit overwhelming and I had to stop. I had a really stressful month of June due to my finals at university and I then went on and started studying for my driving test (which I have successfully passed). Due to all those things, I had no time and no inspiration to post. Now I'm back but with a few changes; I won't be forcing myself to post twice a week or anything, I'll post whenever I have something great to talk about so that it is easier for me and the posts I make are better quality. All this being said, let’s get on with the post.

I have quite an established skincare routine; however, it tends to change during the summer months as it becomes so hot (especially this year with all the heat waves we've been having) as I prefer to keep it extremely light and minimal. In the morning I follow a really short, three products only skincare routine, that will cleanse, sooth and protect my skin and I have the perfect product for that.



Step 1: Cleanse
My favourite summer morning cleanser is the Fresh Soy Face Cleanser. This cleanser is really soft and gentle on the skin but it leaves my skin feeling really refreshed and clean. The cucumber scent is perfect for the morning as it is really awakening. I like to apply on to dry skin, massage it with my hands and then remove it with cold water to refresh myself even more.

Step 2: Sooth
I like to use some sort of toner after my cleanser and in the morning, I want it to be quite soothing and hydrating on the skin. I have a few I like but the Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater is my favourite. It does a great job at soothing my skin, thanks to the Aloe, and gives and extra of hydration which I adore.

Step 3: Protect
As you know, protecting your skin from the sun is extremely important all year round but especially in the summer, when summer rays are stronger. I like to use a moisturizer with SPF on it (to avoid applying too many products on to my skin) that will hydrate my skin, while feeling light, and protect it from the sun. Last year I spoke about The Body Shop Vitamin E Emulsion with SPF 30, a product I still adore. However, I have made a new discovery this year. The Avene Hydrance Optimal SPF 30 Moisturizer is my new favourite. It feels light and gentle on the skin, while still providing the perfect amount of hydration and sun protection. It also works perfectly fine underneath makeup.




This is my summer morning skincare routine. What's yours? Let me know in the comments…

LAURA

You Might Also Like

2 comentarios

  1. I'd love to try the Avenue... I love their mist...literally to die for. Personally the soy Fresh cleanser didn't do much for me..but everyone's skin is different. Love your site!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every skin is completely different. Thanks so much for your comment!

      Delete